The Induction – Introduction to Teaching in Higher Education Settings is organised by the Centre for Learning, Teaching and Technology (LTTC). It is categorised as part of the Certificate Course – “Introduction to Teaching in Higher Education”. It is offered to all new full-time academic/teaching staff and Research Postgraduate (RPg) students of EdUHK. The Induction aims to provide essential learning, teaching, and assessment information at EdUHK, for which two 3-hour sessions will be arranged. The Induction is delivered by LTTC staff and academic staff from different departments and other academic support units of the University. The content of the Induction covers:
- Vision and mission at EdUHK;
- Policy of teaching, learning, and assessment;
- Student academic backgrounds;
- Information about learning and teaching support; and
- Pedagogical considerations of integrating technologies in learning and teaching.