Getting Ready for Online Learning with Zoom at EdUHK Video
Please watch the video below to familiarise yourself with the online learning in using ZOOM.
Getting Ready for Learning with Face-to-face and Online Lessons on the Same Day (Hybrid Mode)
A Guide for Student to Join a Zoom Online Lesson Through Moodle LMS Video
Tips for Students to attend a successful online Zoom lesson
- Please install Zoom in advance (one day or a few hours before the first online Zoom lesson) on your computers/mobile devices.
- Join the first online Zoom lesson 10 minutes before it officially begins so that you can communicate any connection or logistics issues with your teacher.
- Stay in one physical location throughout the online Zoom lesson period for stable connection.
- Use a standalone microphone attached to your computer or earphones with microphones for better audio quality.
- Please click here for a step-by-step guide on how to Sign in the EdUHK Zoom.
- Use Virtual Background when necessary.
- Mute your microphone when you are not speaking. Unmute it if you want to ask questions.
Virtual background feature
EdUHK Zoom Virtual Background Templates
The Communication Office has prepared 4 Zoom virtual background templates for use. EdUHK members are welcome to use it. These 4 templates are preloaded into the Zoom app. If you cannot find it or accidentally delete it, you can download it from the links below. (Note: Virtual background is not supported on Android devices.)
*Right click on the link and choose ‘Save link as…’
Getting Ready for Hybrid Learning
This workshop is designed for new students of The Education University of Hong Kong (EdUHK). In this workshop, you will learn about the three teaching modes adopted by EdUHK in the upcoming semester, including face-to-face, online, and hybrid classes. You will also learn about how to get started with Zoom in terms of basic set-ups and using the correct type of license. You will also have hands-on experience in using the Zoom’s interactive functions. There will also be guidance on how to make group discussions and presentations online or in hybrid mode, as well as sharing on how to become an interactive learner, good practices in web safety and privacy, and lesson etiquette. We will also introduce the school facilities that are suitable for you to attend online classes and conduct group discussions.