The “Practical Guidelines for Online Learning and Teaching” were endorsed by the Learning and Teaching Quality Committee (LTQC) on 9 September 2020. Please click here for the document.
In this document:
- diversity in online learning and teaching approaches was acknowledged, and flexibility in making necessary accommodations was highlighted;
- the suggestion of making attendance-taking practices clear to students at the beginning of the course was added;
- recommendations on making online learning more engaging were added;
- updated information about assessment – including the recently endorsed “Guiding Principles on Alternative Assessment” (LTQC 84/2020) and the revised “Principles and Guidelines on Assessment of Group Work” (LTQC 85/2020) was included; and
- references on online learning and teaching were added for reference by colleagues who are interested in exploring more.